Knot Tying Trainer
A comprehensive trainer for teaching all surgical knot tying techniques, including those specified in the GB and Ireland Intercollegiate Basic Surgical Skills Course. Developed in collaboration with Professor Jonathan Beard, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield (UK) and Mr. John Rochester, Rotherham General Hospital (UK).
- Light and compact
- Cylinders are transparent to allow the trainer to observe and assess trainee competence
- Unique magnetic system to represent tissue strength
- Parallel knotting tubes are elastic for a realistic tissue response
- Latex free
2 perioperative openings represented by:
- Small, shallow fixed cylinder for tying in a small opening
- Large, deep removable cylinder, reversible for angled abdominal and gynecological depth tying
- One-handed reef knot technique
- Instrument tie
- Surgeon’s knot
- Slip knot
- Tying in a small opening
- Tying at depth vertically in a large opening
- Tying at depth, at an angle, in a large opening
Ceiling effect in technical skills of surgical residents.
Munz, Y. M., K .; Bann,S.; Shah,J.; Ivanova, S.; Darzi, S. (2004). "Ceiling effect in technical skills of surgical residents." The American Journal of Surgery 188(3): 294-300.
A Cost-Effective Proficiency-Based Knot-Tying and Suturing Curriculum for Residency Programs.
Scott, D. J. G., Mouza T.; Tesfay, Seifu T. (2007). "A Cost-Effective Proficiency-Based Knot-Tying and Suturing Curriculum for Residency Programs." The Journal of surgical research 141(1): 7-15.
Knotting Tubes (Pack of 3)
Product No. 50158Learn more
Two Colored Cord (Pack of 3)
Product No. 50164Learn more
1 Base with cylinders
1 Knot tying tension hooks (set of 3)
Postgraduate Junior Doctors
CPMEC Australian Curriculum Framework for Junior Doctors version 3.1, 2012, p.31 Skills & Procedures: Surgical knots
Specialist GP Trainees
RACGP Curriculum for Australian General Practice 2016, CS2.2.5 Appropriate procedures, p.39 • suturing
Health Workforce Australia Medical Graduate Competency Framework Stage 2 Final Report, 2012 Simple wound repair including skin suture - Performs in a simulated environment