Advanced Catheterization Trainer Set (Light Skin Tone)
Urinary catheterization is a fundamental skill that is taught globally in many different disciplines. Limbs & Things have developed a range of simulators that cover urethral catheterization and suprapubic management across all levels of training.
The Advanced Catheterization Trainer Set contains two complete simulators, one male and one female. This allows for two true to life catheterizations be run simultaneously.
What features are there on the latest catheterization models?
- Real time feedback can be given when using the modules outside of the base shell
- Updated urethra that offers a more realistic difficulty level when threading the catheter
- Improved female anatomy: softer labia to practice parting using aseptic no touch technique, and a less obvious meatus that allows for the incorrect placement during procedures
- Improved male anatomy: increased mobility of the penis for an enhanced experience when inserting the catheter, and retractable/removable foreskins
- Water delivery system offers a better user experience with easy set-up and improved connections for no leaks, allowing for better flow through the trainer
- Modular design allows for simulations run for beginners with visible internal landmarks, or real to life set up in complete model
Can any sized catheter be used with the catheterization simulators?
The Limbs & Things simulators have been optimised for use with a size 14 Foley Catheter, but they’re also compatible with size 12-18 catheters, however this may affect performance and life of the trainer
Is it possible to check the positioning of the catheter once it has been inserted?
Yes. All the catheterization modules have clear sided cases that hold the internal structure and bladder reservoir. During the procedure this is hidden from the trainees in the unit’s shell, removing the module will allow you to see if the catheter placement is correct and whether the balloon has fully inflated.
Can trainees practice ultrasound suprapubic catheter insertion on a male module?
Our Suprapubic Catheterization simulator is only available with female anatomy.
Limbs & Things gathered feedback from evaluators involved in the development stages of the suprapubic module. Their response was that the process is the same for both male and female patients when inserting a catheter in this region. The decision was made to only produce one version of this module, keeping the on-going running costs of the catheterization range down.