Advanced Chest Drain Pads (x10)
Pack of 10 advanced Chest Drain Pads for use with Chest Drain & Needle Decompression Trainer (60230). These ultrasoundable pads allow for a broad range of uses, including blunt dissection, suturing, multiple guide-wire insertions and are suitable for use with adhesive dressings. The pads also feature a pleural layer, that emulates a 'pop' when punctured with a foreceps of finger, to provide additional realism.
Limbs & Things' range of ATLS trainers allow for the running of multiple stations simultaneously, with ongoing consumable costs as little as $20 per class of 16 learners. Built with versatility in mind, product care is simple, and is latex-free.
Suitable for delivering the ATLS 10th edition course, the Limbs & Things Chest Drain and Needle Decompression Trainer can be used to simulate chest tube insertions (including the Seldinger technique through its ultrasound capability), chest drainage, and needle decompression techniques which are taught in both foundation and advanced training curriculum.
- Suitable for Seldinger technique*
- Allows blunt dissection
- For use with liquids – e.g. effusion, or hemothorax*
- Guidewire insertions will self-seal allowing multiple uses
- For open/surgical techniques where effusion or hemothorax are required
- Open/surgical incisions will not self-seal
- Can be sutured
- Can use with adhesive dressings
- Shows respiratory swing*
*features unique to the Advanced Pad and not present in Standard Chest Drain Pad
- Pleural layer, providing realistic give, or “pop”, on puncture with forceps or finger
- Needle, guidewire, dilator, and drain-tube can all be realistically inserted
- Recommend usage of 12 FG catheter
- Latex free