Advanced Epidural & Lumbar Puncture Model (Light Skin Tone)
The Advanced Epidural & Lumbar Puncture trainer is suitable for use in Clinical Skills Centres, where both early postgraduate medical and anaesthesia specialisms are taught. Trainees are at a more advanced stage of training, and great realism and the ability to practice on a variety of patients is essential for continued learning.
What are the latest features that support training in administering lumbar punctures?
In training sessions, medical students will get a true to life experience, including:
- A distinctive “pop” when puncturing the Dura (using the standard Dura) during a lumbar puncture procedure or more subtle feedback when using the advanced Dura.
- Measurable cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pressure, model can present realistic pressure between 5 to 25 cmH2O
- Realistic flow of fluid from the water reservoir, increasing the volume of water will increase the flow rate allowing for quicker training
What are the latest features that support training in epidural procedures?
- Ligamentum flavum and interspinous ligaments allow for more realistic haptic feedback and practice of loss of resistance techniques during needle insertion.
- 6mm epidural space between the insert and the dura enable practice threading an epidural catheter and administering fluids
- Softer silicone on either side of the spine offers greater realism and the paramedian approach is easier to perform
- Four epidural inserts are supplied with this model, the advanced insert has a steeper angle with a reduced epidural space, allowing practice of more difficult injections
The advanced model comes with three fat pads that can be inserted behind the Skin Pad. Used individually or in combination, they can simulate patients with different amounts of body fat, allowing trainees to practice varying difficulties of injection.
To ensure that ongoing costs remain low, this trainer comes with two LP Tissue Inserts, two standard Epidural and two advanced Epidural Inserts. This makes for a more cost-effective way to train large numbers of students. Inserts are easily interchangeable and offer a variety of training scenarios.
Augmented Reality is now part of the Lumbar Puncture range
The new ART Mats combine real world MRI and CT scan data, with the skills of talented medical artists and digital creators, to bring the internal anatomy of our trainers to life.
Within the L&T ART app’s digital environment, you can move around your task trainer and view various overlays, including: the musculature, organs and vessels, and skeletal structure. The interface allows you to move seamlessly between the layers, as well as view their cross sections.
Students are also able to view digital procedures in the AR environment to see how the procedure is done, and its impact on the patient’s anatomy.
If you are looking to train in ultrasound guided lumbar puncture and epidural procedures, take a look at our Ultrasound Epidural & Lumbar Puncture Model.