Professional Skin Pad Mk 3 - Large (Pack of 2, Light Skin Tone)
A new and improved 3 layer skin pad for demonstrating and practicing a variety of incisions and a wide range of suturing techniques.
Product does not include skin jig (00550)
- Pad dimensions: 145 x 125mm / 5.7 x 4.9 inch
- Unidirectional stretch mimics directional collagen in human skin
- Thickness of dermis & epidermis layers based on human skin averages
- Distinct layers with correct coloring: pink epidermis, white dermis and yellow subcutaneous fat
- Improved skin texture for a more realistic feel and look
- Realistic tissue response and soft skin with a similar drag and strength to human skin
- All layers have realistic retention of sutures
- Serves the needs of both specialist and beginner
- Use with the Skin Pad Jig Mk 3 (not supplied)
- Latex free
- Incisions: linear, ellipse, flaps, shaped
- Subcuticular undermining
- Simple and advanced interrupted suturing
- Subcuticular suturing
- Continuous suturing
- Use of adhesive strips
Measurement of Surgical Dexterity Using Motion Analysis of Simple Bench Tasks.
Bann, S. D. K., Mansoor, S.; Darzi, Ara W. (2003). "Measurement of Surgical Dexterity Using Motion Analysis of Simple Bench Tasks." World Journal of Surgery 27(4): 390-394.
Assessing Surgical Skill Using Bench Station Models.
Khan, M. S. M. R. C. S., A.F.R.C.S.; Bann, Simon D. F.R.C.S.; Darzi, Ara W. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S., F.A.C.S.; Butler, Peter E. M. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S.(Plast.) (2007). "Assessing Surgical Skill Using Bench Station Models." Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 120(3): 793-800.
Laboratory-Based Validation of a Novel Suture Technique for Wound Closure. .
Ridgway, P. F. M., BCh, MMedSc, AFRCSI; Ziprin, Paul MBBS, FRCS; Datta, Vivek K. MBBS, FRCS; Khan, Mansoor S. BSc, MBChB, MRCS; Bann, Simon D. BSc, MBBS, FRCS; Peck, David H. PhD; Darzi, Ara W. MD, FRCSI, FRCS, FACS; Bouchier-Hayes, David MD, FRCSI, FRCS, FACS (2002). "Laboratory-Based Validation of a Novel Suture Technique for Wound Closure. ." Annals of Plastic Surgery 49(3): 291-296.