Work with us
Regional Account Manager (UK north area)
Over the past 30 years L&T has become a global player in the medical simulation education market. It has ambitious plans for further growth in the next 5 years across the globe, through investment and new product development.
Multi award winning and still privately owned, the £25M business has grown from a tabletop start up, to a multinational business with its head office and manufacturing in Bristol, along with sales offices in the USA, Australia and Sweden.
The vision of the business remains as it always has: to design and manufacture medical task trainers which through deliberate clinical practice help improve patient outcomes.
People are at the heart of L&T, they create the vision, the expertise and the delivery of this ever evolving and growing market sector.
Limbs & Things are currently seeking a hard-working and independent, self-starter with a consultive take on sales to join the existing UK Sales team.
The Regional Account Manager at Limbs & Things plays a key role in the success of our organization by managing all customer accounts within their defined territory. They are responsible for facilitating all sales opportunities through interactions with customers and ensuring accurate and timely book and record keeping. The Regional Account Manager is responsible for contributing to sales growth of the region through new customer acquisition, customer retention and growth opportunities with current customer base.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager the role holder will be required to work closely with all members of the Limbs & Things business including the internal sales coordinators, customer service, marketing, and product management team.
- - The position operates remotely from a home-based office with travel to customer appointments as required. Expected travel is 75% of working week.
- - Proactively maintain a healthy sales pipeline, accurate calendar management and correctly reporting a sales forecast.
- - Plan and implement a 4-week rolling travel plan
- - Act as the primary point of contact for all customers within the territory and maintaining the existing customer base as well as proactively seeking out new customers through in person sales calls as well as electronic communication.
- - Maintain knowledge of current products through continuing education provided and proactive training, including competitor products and market knowledge.
- - Work concurrently on campaigns driven down from the marketing team. These can be new product driven, tradeshow related or other.
- - Researching and attending regional shows within the territory and our market
- - Working in parallel with the inside sales team, customer service team, logistics & demo team and management.
- - Ensuring all customer inquiries from prospecting, telephone, website, trade shows, quotes, etc. are handled within a timely manner.
- - Comfortable calling on key accounts within the simulation market that will include but are not limited to; nursing schools, medical schools, hospital-based patient safety officers, clinical education, medical directors, etc.
- - The role holder will need to have close working relationship with Internal Sales Co-ordinator, customer services team, marketing team and product management team.
- - Keep up to date with market conditions and competition portfolios
- - Attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions as required
- Technical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- - A minimum of 2 years’ account management experience selling devices within the healthcare sector
- - Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent time spent in sale setting
- General Office Skills
- - A high level of numeracy and e-literacy.
- - Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel Ideal but not required, familiar with Salesforce or other CRM
- - Very strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- - Strong attention to detail and accuracy with data entry
- - Exceptional organizational skills, self-motivated and structured
- - Strong problem-solving skills and flexibility to learn and adapt to challenges
- - Excellent communication skills with high level of professionalism
- - A full UK driving licence
- - Physical Requirements: Able to safely lift and handle products up to 40 lb
- - Able to maintain demo stock and move products from locations
- - A nursing, medical or life sciences qualification.
- - Experience within the medical simulation sector
In return we offer a competitive salary and a sales bonus that pays up to 30% of your salary annually, study support and the chance to progress in a rapidly growing company.
Other benefits include a salary sacrifice pension scheme where the company matches your contribution up to 5% plus Employer NI savings - currently 15.08% of your contribution (this also applies to voluntary contributions), a non-contributory healthcare cash plan including access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), life insurance paying 4x your salary, access to a virtual GP, 25 days holiday and a cycle to work scheme.