Professional Skin Pad Mk 3 - Large (Pack of 2, Light Skin Tone)
A new and improved 3 layer skin pad for demonstrating and practicing a variety of incisions and a wide range of suturing techniques.
Product does not include skin jig (00550)
- Pad dimensions: 145 x 125mm / 5.7 x 4.9 inch
- Unidirectional stretch mimics directional collagen in human skin
- Thickness of dermis & epidermis layers based on human skin averages
- Distinct layers with correct coloring: pink epidermis, white dermis and yellow subcutaneous fat
- Improved skin texture for a more realistic feel and look
- Realistic tissue response and soft skin with a similar drag and strength to human skin
- All layers have realistic retention of sutures
- Serves the needs of both specialist and beginner
- Use with the Skin Pad Jig Mk 3 (not supplied)
- Latex free
- Incisions: linear, ellipse, flaps, shaped
- Subcuticular undermining
- Simple and advanced interrupted suturing
- Subcuticular suturing
- Continuous suturing
- Use of adhesive strips
Measurement of Surgical Dexterity Using Motion Analysis of Simple Bench Tasks.
Bann, S. D. K., Mansoor, S.; Darzi, Ara W. (2003). "Measurement of Surgical Dexterity Using Motion Analysis of Simple Bench Tasks." World Journal of Surgery 27(4): 390-394.
Assessing Surgical Skill Using Bench Station Models.
Khan, M. S. M. R. C. S., A.F.R.C.S.; Bann, Simon D. F.R.C.S.; Darzi, Ara W. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S., F.A.C.S.; Butler, Peter E. M. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S.(Plast.) (2007). "Assessing Surgical Skill Using Bench Station Models." Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 120(3): 793-800.
Laboratory-Based Validation of a Novel Suture Technique for Wound Closure. .
Ridgway, P. F. M., BCh, MMedSc, AFRCSI; Ziprin, Paul MBBS, FRCS; Datta, Vivek K. MBBS, FRCS; Khan, Mansoor S. BSc, MBChB, MRCS; Bann, Simon D. BSc, MBBS, FRCS; Peck, David H. PhD; Darzi, Ara W. MD, FRCSI, FRCS, FACS; Bouchier-Hayes, David MD, FRCSI, FRCS, FACS (2002). "Laboratory-Based Validation of a Novel Suture Technique for Wound Closure. ." Annals of Plastic Surgery 49(3): 291-296.
Practical Skills and Procedures, General Medical Council, April 2019, p.6 Therapeutic Procedures 21. Carry out wound care and basic wound closure and dressing. Provide basic care of surgical or traumatic wounds and apply dressings appropriately.
Competence and Curriculum Framework for the Physician Assistant 2012 p.16 2.4.8 Skin - Undertake simple skin suturing
General Surgery Training
The Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum, General Surgery 2013 (Updated 2018) (p.51) Module 3 Basic surgical skills... o To incise and close superficial tissues accurately o To tie secure knots