An advanced 3 layer skin pad for the demonstration and training of a variety of incisions and a wide range of suturing techniques.
- Better differentiation between epidermis and dermis
- Softer skin layers allow incised edges to be brought together more readily, without compromising skin strength
- Fat layer has improved suture retention
- Yellow fat layer and more pigmented dermis improves visibility of sutures
- Incisions: linear, ellipse, flaps, shaped
- Subcuticular undermining
- Simple and advanced interrupted suturing techniques
- Subcuticular suturing
- Continuous suturing
- Use of adhesive strips
- Latex free
- Realistic tissue response
- Soft skin with a similar drag and strength to human skin
- Comprises epidermis, dermis and subdermal layer
- All layers have a realistic retention of sutures
- Serves the needs of the specialist as well as the beginner
- Pad dimensions: large - 145mm x 125mm, small - 72mm x 125mm
- Use with Skin Pad Jig Mk 3 00550
Bann, S. D. K., Mansoor, S.; Darzi, Ara W. (2003). "Measurement of Surgical Dexterity Using Motion Analysis of Simple Bench Tasks." World Journal of Surgery 27(4): 390-394.
Khan, M. S. M. R. C. S., A.F.R.C.S.; Bann, Simon D. F.R.C.S.; Darzi, Ara W. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S., F.A.C.S.; Butler, Peter E. M. F.R.C.S., F.R.C.S.(Plast.) (2007). "Assessing Surgical Skill Using Bench Station Models." Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 120(3): 793-800.
Ridgway, P. F. M., BCh, MMedSc, AFRCSI; Ziprin, Paul MBBS, FRCS; Datta, Vivek K. MBBS, FRCS; Khan, Mansoor S. BSc, MBChB, MRCS; Bann, Simon D. BSc, MBBS, FRCS; Peck, David H. PhD; Darzi, Ara W. MD, FRCSI, FRCS, FACS; Bouchier-Hayes, David MD, FRCSI, FRCS, FACS (2002). "Laboratory-Based Validation of a Novel Suture Technique for Wound Closure. ." Annals of Plastic Surgery 49(3): 291-296.