Work with us
UK Sales Manager
The UK Sales Manager is responsible for developing and delivering the sales budgets for the UK, International, and Corporate sales sectors, as well as contributing to the future strategic direction of the business.
Leading a team of both external and internal sales representatives, the well-established business is thriving and growing consistently with a highly respected UK brand of simulation trainers predominantly selling into medical university and hospital institutions.
In addition to leading the team, the UK Sales Manager will be responsible for the military sector of the business.
- Develop an annual sales strategy that meets the company’s sales goals in line with the 5-year business plan (UK sales, and Global corporate market).
- Implementation of the annual sales targets to create targets for the team, monitoring performance and motivating team to reach targets.
- Increase market share in existing markets and maximise new business development opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key contacts/institutions (KOL) and corporate partners with the aim of influencing buying decisions and inclusion of key products into developing curriculum.
- Manage military accounts across the UK.
- Lead the Corporate Sales Manager in the development of the corporate business within the UK, USA and International markets.
- Keep up to date with market conditions and competition, feeding back into the business key information and recommendations on new product development.
- Monthly reporting including business unit performance and forecasting.
- Attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions as required.
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance, and development of direct reports.
- Providing direction to the sales team, leading by example as well as coaching.
- Working closely with the Commercial Director to develop the longer-term UK sales, and Corporate Sales strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years' experience selling devices or consumables within the healthcare sector for a recognised 'blue chip' company, preferably having benefited from their sales training programme, and will be able to sell to all levels within healthcare and healthcare education, including consultant surgeons. You will be able to deal with a complex product range.
You will be qualified to degree level, with a medical, nursing or life sciences qualification and/or experience, and the ability to understand and interpret published journal articles relevant to the field.
You will have developed an informed approach to sales and sales management, including consultative selling, key account management, and pipeline management, as a result of your sales management expertise. You’ll have strong people management experience, within a sales environment, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create connections and deal with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
You'll be able to communicate effectively and concisely, both vocally and in writing, and will have high numeracy, literacy, and e-literacy skills. You'll be well-organized and have prior expertise with planning and preparation, as well as the ability to convey this information with the rest of the team.
Strong IT abilities and expertise working with a CRM system, as well as forecasting and reporting experience, are required. A solid understanding of Salesforce (CRM system) would be a huge plus.
The job is a mix of both home and office based. You may be in the office up to 3 days a week supporting the inside sales team, Corporate Sales Manager or working across the business.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a sales bonus that pays up to 30% of your salary annually, study support and the chance to progress in a rapidly growing company
Other benefits include a salary sacrifice pension scheme where the company matches your contribution up to 5% plus Employer NI savings - currently 13.8% of your contribution (this also applies to voluntary contributions), a non-contributory healthcare cash plan including access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), life insurance paying 4x your salary, access to a virtual GP, 25 days holiday and a cycle to work scheme.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you feel you have got what it takes, please send your CV with a covering letter telling us why you consider yourself suitable for the role, to the HR Manager, Limbs & Things, Sussex Street, St Philips, Bristol