Area of Accountability:
· Research - technologies, materials and processes that can be incorporated into our products. Innovation needs to be a key focus.
· Design – products that deliver the learning objectives effectively and on budget (time & costs).
· Development – build and test ideas, continuously looking for opportunities for functional or process improvements and cost reductions.
· Communication – effective and precise.
· Relationships – build strong links with projects stakeholders.
· Project Management – define the most effective process route that will deliver the project on time and on budget.
· Manage project resources (people, lead times, materials etc.) effectively.
· Linking the functional requirements to the product specification.
· Optimization of anatomical features in relation to production materials and their processes.
· Expert translation of the training requirements and how these are best met by the products design features.
· Effective project planning and resource management.
· Communication with customers during prototype evaluations – These events must provide clear indications of product performance.
· Successful well-designed prototypes that meet the product specification and deliver the learning objectives.
· Well managed projects with supporting documentation that can be passed on to our design engineering team for continued development.
· Good communication with NPD stakeholders, other departments and external medical advisors/customers.
· Continued support of those involved in subsequent stages of development, resulting in a commercially successful product.
· Acknowledged for providing of good advice and support throughout company.
· Effective and prompt resolution of issues, should they arise.