This specialized model is used for training in the technique of synovial fluid aspiration.
- Simplified design for ease-of-use
- Quick release skin, musculature and patella (with fat pad) to enable rapid changeover of self sealing synovial sac
- Synovial sac connects easily to the fluid bag
- 1 liter fluid bag enables uninterrupted training sessions (time saving feature for large groups of students/trainees)
- Patient posture and management
- Palpation techniques
- Identifying anatomical landmarks
- Aspirating synovial fluid from the knee joint from both lateral and medial aspects
- Precise palpable anatomy with bony landmarks
- Discrete muscle and skin layers provide realistic tissue and needle response
- Supplied with 'No Trace' marker (non-permanent rapidly fading ink) for illustrating underlying landmarks
- 1 Knee Skin Mk 2 Part No: 70021
- 2 Knee Aspirant (250ml) Part No: 70022
- 1 Synovial Sac Mk 2 Part No: 70023
- 1 Knee Filling Kit Part No: 70024
- 1 'No Trace' Marker Part No: 30023
- 1 Knee Needle Set Part No: 30091
- 1 leg assembly with base
- 1 metal stand & 1 liter fluid bag
- 1 Joint and Soft Tissue Injection by Trevor Silver
- 1 carry case
Cuccurullo, S. M. B., David DO; Petagna, Ann Marie MA, PT; Platt, Heather BS; Strax, Thomas E. MD (2004). "Musculoskeletal Injection Skills Competency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residents: A Method for Development and Assessment." American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 83(6)(June 2004): 479-485.
Vogelgesang, S. A. K., Theresa M.; Kreiter, Clarence D. (2002). "An Instructional Program to Facilitate Teaching Joint/Soft-tissue Injection and Aspiration." Journal of General Internal Medicine 17(6): 441-445.