This product replaces Paediatric Lumbar Puncture Simulator Part No: KKM43C.
This improved version now has a one-piece mannequin for greater durability, and the Puncture Blocks have the skin pre-attached for quick replacement and ease-of-use.
2 types of Puncture Blocks are available: spinal tube at 12mm depth or 17mm depth.
This model which represents a 7-10 month old infant is designed to practice the lumbar puncture procedure.
- Skin preparation
- Patient positioning
- Palpation of landmarks
- Sterilisation and local anaesthesia
- Needle positioning and insertion
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) collection and pressure measurement
- Body of the mannequin is soft and flexible
- Realistic tissue resistance
- Puncture sites not visible on skin
- Puncture block is quick and easy to replace
- Successful puncture is confirmed by the simulated CSF (water) flowing out
- Iliac crests and spinous process are present and palpable
- CSF pressure can be measured with a manometer
- 2 Paediatric Lumbar Puncture Blocks (12mm depth) Part No: KK11348-410
- 2 Paediatric Lumbar Puncture Blocks (17mm depth) Part No: KK11348-420
- 1 Infant mannequin
- 1 irrigation bag
- 1 stand
- 1 syringe